APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 13, 2018
APPLICATION FORM: For an application form please click here.
For the 2018 Summer Integrated Program (SIP), JIFSAN has the pleasure to support the course tuition for one qualified applicant. SIP coursework includes a Core Program (Overview of Risk Analysis, Risk Management, Qualitative Risk Assessment, and Risk Communication), Epidemiology for Risk Analysis, and Quantitative Risk Assessment. The course dates are posted here.
Applications will be accepted through April 13 from government ministry professionals in the area of food safety or animal health from an eligible country (list of eligible countries). Information on the eligibility criteria, how to apply and other relevant information are available below.
Applicants are advised to read the form and criteria carefully to ensure that required documents are received by JIFSAN no later than the April 13 deadline.
Notification of the selection committee's decision will be communicated to all applicants by April 20, 2018.
- Professional in the area of food safety or animal health that is currently working in the field of risk analysis for a government ministry (e.g. Ministry of Health, Agriculture, etc.) and based in a country on the list of eligible countries
- Citizen of an eligible country (list of eligible countries)
How to Apply
Submit an application by April 13, 2018, that includes:
- Fellowship Application Form
- Statement of Interest (one page, times new roman 12pt) explaining:
- Why you are interested in risk analysis and its different components
- Your career aspirations
- Why you wish to take the JIFSAN Risk Analysis Courses
- Reasons for choosing core program or quantitative track
- Your current professional duties
- Proof of funds to pay for travel expenses (airfare, lodging and meals)
- Proof that you have the necessary background (knowledge of basic statistics and proficiency in Microsoft Excel) that will enable you to partake in the quantitative portion of the program. You can provide current or past experiences that support your statement.
Applications may be submitted to JIFSAN by mail, express courier, fax, or via email as Microsoft Word or PDF attachments to:
University of Maryland - Joint Institute for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition
Attention: Clare Narrod - JIFSAN Course Tuition Fellowship
5145 Campus Drive
Patapsco Building, Suite 2134
College Park, MD 20742, USA
For general questions please email Clare Narrod: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Relevant Information
- Applications must be submitted in English
- Applicant is not required to present an oral/poster technical paper
- Applicants will be notified by email by April 20, 2018
- In the rare event of cancellation of the training program, the fellowship will also be cancelled
- The award is not transferable
- Recipient is responsible for all related travel expenses (airfare, lodging, transportation, meals, etc.)
- Cover the cost of course tuition for the Summer 2018 recipient